KUALA LUMPUR DECLARATION (in conjuction with 1st Asian Muslim Youth Leadership Summit and 8th AFMY’s Annual General Meeting)
Alhamdulillah, with the grace of Allah
We, participants and observers who are gathered here for the Asian Muslim Youth Ijtima’ in Kuala Lumpur, from 13-15 Rabiul Awwal 1437H / 25-27 December 2015 agree to accept the Kuala Lumpur Declaration as follows:
1. To respect the Muslim youth and nourish their self confidence, self esteem and trust.
2. Engage with Muslim youth in decision making.
3. Educate Muslim youth about the culturally-rich history of Muslim leaders who were pioneers of the Islamic movements.
4. Broaden the vision and develop a global perspective on humanity among Muslim youth.
5. Highlight contemporary role models for Muslim youth to emulate.
6. Communicate constantly with Muslim youth at all levels.
7. Treat youth as media-savy consumers.
8. Invest on, support and provide platforms for personal development of Muslim youth.
9. We, Muslim youth promise to provide moral and material support to alleviate the plight of all our Muslim brothers and sisters during their difficult times especially in Bangladesh, Arakan, Palestine, Syria, Egypt, Southern Thailand, China and all over the world.
10. IMB Net will work hand in hand to enhance the Muslim brotherhood through businesses.